Sesame Oil Pull Instructions
Congratulations on taking charge of your dental health! Sesame oil pulling sounds weird, but it is a very effective procedure that clears away destructive bacteria hidden between your teeth and gums– the gateway to many health problems. The most effective approach is to do the sesame oil pull for a minimum of 30 days up to 60 days in a row. After that, hopefully you’ll be so addicted to your newly brightened teeth and pink gums, that you’ll make it part of your morning routine!!
Materials You Will Need
- Organic cold-pressed sesame oil
- For cleansing mouth afterwards: essential oil such as Tea Tree Oil or Neem Oil, food-grade hydrogen peroxide, Neem Bark, and a high quality fluoride-free organic toothpaste.
Cold-Pressed Sesame Oil
High quality sesame oil is a must. Conventional sesame oil is highly refined and usually cut with cheaper, degraded oils. Using this type of oil will not give you the optimal results you want. It’s worth the trip to your local health food store–just ask for organic, cold-pressed sesame oil.
Some protocols suggest unrefined sunflower seed oil is just as effective. Although I’m biased when it comes to sesame oil, if you feel sunflower seed oil will suite your pallet, by all means give it a try. Just make sure it is organic and unrefined.
Let’s Get Pulling!
The Sesame Oil Pull is most effective when done first thing in the morning before food or drink. It takes 20-25 minutes start to finish. So make sure to adjust your morning routine. I usually prepare my tea and get my veggies ready for my morning juice. Time goes by quick when you stay busy.
- For your rinse, add 1 drop of Tea Tree Oil or 2 drops of Neem Oil (can use both) in 3 oz. of water. Or use 1/2 tsp. hydrogen peroxide. Set aside.
- Take 1 tablespoon of sesame oil, put it in your mouth, tilt your chin up, and start swishing and pulling it through your teeth. Swish, pull, chomp, swish, pull, chomp.
- Did I say swish, pull, chomp, swish, pull, chomp? Yes. Keep doing this for the entire 15-20 minutes. This amount of time is essential for the procedure to work. If you swish for much less, the sesame oil will not have time to work its way into the spaces between your teeth and gums. You want to press the oil into all the nooks and crannies of your mouth. In between your teeth, the sides of your cheeks, your tongue, and the roof of your mouth. Swish, pull, chomp!
- Do not gargle though! You don’t want to run the risk of swallowing the oil, because it contains bacteria.
- You want to keep swishing, pulling, and chomping until the oil turns from clear and thick to a thin, white consistency. If the oil is not turning white, you need to swish, pull, and chomp more!
- After 15-20 minutes, spit out the oil. You may want to do it in the toilet, because the oil contains a lot of bacteria. If you choose to spit it out in the sink, I highly recommend to clean it afterward.
- Take your rinse and vigorously swish and spit until 2 oz. is used.
- Next scrape your tongue, then use the remaining rinse to clear your mouth.
- You may choose to brush your teeth or wait until after breakfast.
If the idea of swishing sesame oil freaks you out, excites you or peaks your curiosity, I’d love to hear about it. Please, let me know your thoughts by leaving a comment below. Also, if you think this idea is fantastic please share on FB or tweet about it.
Bye-bye bacteria, hello healthy teeth and gums.